Sunday, December 31, 2006

Not Those, I Want the Furry Kind.

Here we are, the Eve of the year. I figure I'd better put an update online as the last entry of 2007 before I head out to partake in some new years festivities, although this year I'm going to be keeping it tame. I came down with a bug a few days ago, and I figure that alcohol won't help the situation. Nothing but orange juice for this cat.

Speaking of cats, I had a rather disturbing thought (to me at least) last week. I was thinking that it was possible that Loki could have gotten knocked up while she was wandering the great wide open before I got her. I really don't need a litter of kittens running around my house destroying everything. But as with everything, sometimes life is quirky. Turns out Loki isn't pregnant. How do I know? Well, I know have a cat strolling around my house howling perpetually. She decided that it would be a good time to go into heat. It did answer the question of whether or not she was spayed though. Nonetheless she is going into the vet in early January to get that problem taken care of. I've had other cats before that I haven't gotten fixed, but none with the vocabulary of this cat. She seems to think that there is some male tom hanging around somewhere and insists on talking to him non-stop. Everything she looks at is worth talking to. Her current favorite conversation partner is the fish in my aquarium. She's a little dense sometimes.

This, of course, let to another of those unconventional thought processes that seem to bubble up through my conscious. What if people acted like cats when they were in heat? You'd get people walking around with their butt stuck out talking to everyone in sight trying to get some. Wait a sec, that sounds like an average night club around here. Maybe not to the extreme of a cat in heat, but somewhere close. Of course, it could be easier if it was like that. People all pimped out walking around with a drink in their hand saying "Fuck me? Fuck me?" Think how much easier that would be, no awkward conversation, no worrying about what line to use, no uncomfortable figuring out how to approach that person across the bar. Just those two words and you'd be off to the races. Maybe in Amsterdam, but I doubt it would work here. Kinda takes the fun out of the chase, but as I like to say, any port in a storm.

Well, that's about it. I got a party to get to before I start getting emails about where I am. Cya in 2007 folks.

"An optimist stays up to see the New Year in. A pessimist waits to make sure the old one leaves." - Bill Vaughan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reverend:
Regarding the club activities, and the commitment-free sex market, I do believe that exists in modern North America today - it's called teh "Gay Male Lifestyle"...nothing but men thinking like men, hooking up with men...scary,. ain't it?
Kablam

11:38 AM  
Blogger Reverend Moloquin said...

Ouch. That is a rather scary thought. Maybe I don't want people to act like cats in heat in the clubs I go to...Not that there is anything wrong with that.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home