Thursday, March 30, 2006

This is the First Day of the Rest of your Life.

I have decided I should write a entry today. Normally I just write them up as I feel, but there is a purpose behind this one. I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to get my eyes fixed. I never thought that I would voluntarily pay someone to cut me open and zap me with lasers, but looks like I am. If you want to see what is going to happen follow "this" link. Big Warning here people. It's pretty graphic. Normally I wouldn't advocate the use of Internet Explorer, but the link doesn't like firefox (damn non geek world). I tried to get permission to bring someone in with me with a video camera to capture the whole thing, so I could post the best bits, but that was shut down pretty quick by the place where I'm getting it done. Seems non-sterile people and camera's are a bad thing when someone has your eyes cut open. Funny how that works.

There are a whole bunch of things that I am not going to miss about having glasses, so as an excuse to throw together yet another list, here we go...

1) Waking up late for work, throwing something on that I hope is relatively clean, sprinting down the stairs to my garage, back out of said garage, get to the end of the driveway before I realize that something isn't right and I can't see my speedometer. Back to the house to get the glasses.

2) Running around the house frantically looking for the glasses after a good bender the night before. Usually accompanied by the "where are my keys" argument.

3) Running around the house frantically looking for the glasses after a good bender the night before, not realizing I'm wearing them.

4) Complaining for the 465,897th time about not being able to wear sunglasses. I'm sure people are getting sick of it by now.

5) Laying down and watching TV at the same time is an interesting experiment for people who wear glasses. There is always a balancing act going on so you can see the TV through your glasses and not around them.

6) I used to enjoy playing snooker. Any kind of billiards is damn near impossible with glasses.

The list could go on and on, so I'm going to stop know. Let's see if there anything I am going to miss?

1)

Nope. Guess not.

Here's to hoping I'll be able to see well enough next week to do an update on the outcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

But without glasses, what will you take off and chew the end of when you make a witty retort?

Indeed.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Mike Rivera said...

Hope the surgery went well.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Reverend Moloquin said...

Quick reply for everyone. The surgery went well and I am now free of glasses. There will be an update coming up shortly once I've progressed a little bit further.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home